Ik ist nicht so krass, ist meine allererste Animation :)
2021.10.28 10:41 kim_kkb Ik ist nicht so krass, ist meine allererste Animation :)
2021.10.28 10:41 DelilaWorth Daisy Keech beautiful Naughty Sweetie Hot Sexy Body
2021.10.28 10:41 SpongeBathHotPants I'm a b*tch and need someone to please be on my side!
submitted by SpongeBathHotPants to AmITheAngel [link] [comments]
2021.10.28 10:41 Delumortal What are your thoughts on the characterisation and humanization of the characters in Parasite (2019)?
I was invited to dinner by a friend because he wants to introduce me to her date. We talked about movies at one point because we have a passion for them.
I was asked about what films I gave 10/10, I brought up Parasite, and she thinks Parasite is not a great film and doesn't deserve Best Picture at the Oscars. I thought she just wanted to say that the film isn't perfect (which no film is, and I was ready to understand), but she framed the film more negatively and in an over-generalized manner to which I had trouble accepting what she said.
- She thinks the characters in Parasite is not humanizing and she can't get behind the main protagonists (the Kim family). She claims they have no motivation, no characterisation, and she's not able to connect with them because they had "no humanity" and "weren't relatable". She didn't like the way they were devious and manipulative as they tricked the Park family to get the rest of the Kim family members employed. When Father Kim kills Father Park, she thinks that's dehumanizing, wasn't earned, and thinks it is wrong for the film to manipulate viewers to get behind the murder.
- She appreciates the use of symbolism, cinematography, mise-en-scene, and editing throughout the film but she summed that up in a single sentence (and in a dismissive manner too).
I haven't seen Parasite (2019) since the year it came out, and I was a bit taken aback by this controversial take. Since it was my first time meeting her, I was very careful not to sound condescending (I kept it civil). I fumbled like an idiot, and I didn't really get my point across. After that dinner, I retrospectively watched scenes from the film and brought out the notes I wrote when I watched the film years ago, and it hit me that I HEAVILY disagree with her take and I feel that she completely misunderstood the point of the film.
- The film goes out of its way to use dialogue and character actions to help develop the story, characterisation, and depth to both the Kim family and Park family characters. I feel as though the film uses more objective narration than subjective narration, and while I can understand it seems to alienate her from connecting to the characters, I felt as though she missed so many important plot details that allow viewers to discover the characterisation, backstory (origins for their poverty), and motivations for the Kim Family to trick the Park family
. I feel like because she isn't connected to the film which led her to not pay attention to details within the plot. While this explains her opinion, it doesn't justify her unfairly disparaging a film she didn't pay much attention to.
- The film is very interpretable (and doesn't insist its themes in a surface-level manner) regarding the film's story of class warfare and your view on whether the actions of Kim's family are justified is valid on either side of the good vs. bad spectrum. You can have different takes on the film and that's what makes it good. It seemed that she interpreted the film's characters as awful human beings, and I would assume that's supposed to be the film's STRENGTH because you have interpreted the film's message to fit your point of view. It just seemed baffling that she transformed a film's best quality as its worst. I prefer films that don't just use expository dialogue to spoon-feed themes and ideas and allow us, viewers, to enrich ourselves beneath the surface of the film.
- I felt as though she also missed the point by saying the characters lack humanity and aren't relatable. Firstly, the friend's date (who didn't like the film) is at bare minimum middle-class, and I'm sure she couldn't relate to the Kim family's struggle in poverty (hell, I couldn't!). Also, it's such a nitpick to claim that a film's character has to be relatable in order for you to like a film. I also thought their motivations and actions, while sometimes over-the-top (the heist sequence in service of a comedic tone), felt justified because it's also in service of themes such as "the relationship between intelligence and class systems". While she thinks this is a superficial way of tying the story into the theme, this critique on her part feels way too preferential, as though she must connect to characters without realizing it's different for others.
- I also disagree with the part where she thinks Father Kim killing Father Park
wasn't earned, because it was built up ACROSS THE FILM (like the motif of smell), and this action is part of the climax and breaking point of the film. You don't have to agree with killing
, but you can't say there wasn't an established cause-and-effect relationship. The girlfriend also thinks because I said it's earned, I agree with him killing. Um what?
- I did agree that the film does not necessarily have character development (I could also have a totally wrong take here), but for this film, I don't think this film needs a character-study film like Joker (2019), which she loved and compared Parasite to. I think this film is an ensemble movie, in which groups of characters, divided into the wealthy and the poor, collectively aid to explore the bigger, underlying problems of class systems. I also didn't have the heart to say that Parasite (2019) did the themes of the class system more extensively than Joker (2019), because Joker is more of a psychological film and tackles themes related to the sanity of the human psyche more, making Parasite (2019) a better film for the context of class system movies.
- It also feels unfair to compare this film's characterisation for every character in this film and say that Joker has a better-developed character (and then she thinks I meant '"no character development is good for a film". The truth is, some genres of films do not necessarily need character development either, so I really don't understand why she's over-generalizing my arguments to make it seem like I'm irrational.
As for Point 2, dismissing the technical qualities such as cinematography and editing, as well as the elements of the film's mis-en-scene (the design of Kim family's home vs. Park family's modernism house, the symbolism represented by the kinds of foods and the lucky charm stone) just seems like she decidedly ignores how much of these elements provide an INCREDIBLE and substantial amount of depth to the film. I felt as though she focused on the characters, which services a little less compared to the elements discussed above, but for her to ignore the other components just frustrated me because the film has a lot of things you can appreciate and focus on.
Anyway, I wrote this lengthy post because I didn't realize how much I appreciate Parasite (2019), and was frustrated I couldn't relay these points to her at the time (but I don't see the point in doing it now because it seems petty). Is it petty of me to avoid discussing movies with the friend's girlfriend in the future? I just feel like I'd lose my mind, or maybe I'm just elitist and wouldn't accept her opinion. I'd love to hear your thoughts about Parasite (2019).
I had dinner with my friend's girlfriend, and we had opposing opinions on the film Parasite (2019). I loved the film and gave it a 10/10, she gave reasons to devalue the film. I had trouble discussing the film because I haven't seen Parasite (2019) in a while, and so the film isn't salient enough for me to discuss it. I also wanted to keep it civil, and not embarrass my friend. In retrospect, I think the girlfriend had a VERY bad take on Parasite (2019), especially regarding the film's characters. I wrote this to share my views on the film and am wondering: for moviegoers who enjoyed Parasite, what do you think of her take and my take?
submitted by Delumortal
to movies [link] [comments]
2021.10.28 10:41 FirestarTheLeader M60 vs AS-VAL
I’m relatively new to the game- I’ve only been playing for a bit more than a week.
Can you guys tell me what’s better? The AS-VAL or the M60? I dont have a lot of credits and I can only invest them in one gun.
submitted by FirestarTheLeader to PhantomForces [link] [comments]
2021.10.28 10:41 Top_Ad826 Kardesim kurabiyeyi boyle yiyo napim buna beler
2021.10.28 10:41 FawazGerhard How to force childish teammates in low elo doing teamwork?
Been trying to rank up but i always get my azz kicked, hell i got demoted 2 times today, all thanks to the childish community of this game where all except me are self indulgent ignorant jackasses.
Need to know how to get into these fkers head and convince them to act like a team. Need comprehensive guide on how to do it or maybe i should just rely on myself only in low elo?
submitted by FawazGerhard to summonerschool [link] [comments]
2021.10.28 10:41 HeWhoDescends02 Royal
G'day. It's my first playthrough and was curious about the royal semester. No story spoilers please. So basically I've done all the confidants necessary for the royal stuff and where I'm up to now I've taken the treasure from the last palace and I'm waiting for the change of heart to be public and I was curious if confidant levels carry over to the new semester? Because I haven't maxed all the confidants I want to yet and won't have time to before the change of heart is public, so was just curious if I can continue them in the third semester 😀
submitted by HeWhoDescends02 to Persona5 [link] [comments]
2021.10.28 10:41 unfried_beans He hadows' reatest its
2021.10.28 10:41 DonaldDuckJTrumo Compiling a montage of radicalchristianity fights over whether da geyz are sinful
submitted by DonaldDuckJTrumo to SubredditDrama [link] [comments]
2021.10.28 10:41 mescanaty Do you avoid squatting to avoid some bad creases?
I basically squatted with my docs on to give a treat to my dog and now I have a big cracked crease... so I was wondering if people just avoid to do this positions where the shoe is bend.
submitted by mescanaty to DrMartens [link] [comments]
2021.10.28 10:41 keepwaterpure Turkey's Lake Tuz dries up due to climate change, farming
2021.10.28 10:41 GimmeUdon Why do these look like Latios and Latias? Or am i that stupid?
2021.10.28 10:41 zekraashrf 1- Put the water, ginger, cardamom, cinnamon and cloves. 2- Put them on the stove to boil for one minute. 3- Remove the pot from the heat, then add the tea and sugar, and leave the ingredients for two minutes. 4- Pour the milk, then return the pot to the heat until the ingredients are homogeneous
2021.10.28 10:41 JuliaSm28 What you need to know about NFTs and how they work?
submitted by JuliaSm28 to GuardaWallet [link] [comments]
2021.10.28 10:41 RiskOfRains So besides story reasons. What are the benefits of doing easter eggs?
Mainly focusing on these games now. Black ops 2,3,4
I dont really find doing easter eggs fun. I just wanna run around get cool wonder weapons and pack weapons and just shoot some zombies.
But how many weapons do i miss by not doing the easter bunny hunt?
Like are they really a must in all zombie games?
submitted by RiskOfRains to CODZombies [link] [comments]
2021.10.28 10:41 MarthaBerr snail
2021.10.28 10:41 SourceOfTheSpring Man Injured After D.C. Shooting, Chase Into Downtown Silver Spring
2021.10.28 10:41 s0larEclxpse I badly want a continuation of the last Going Seventeen episodes.
Spoilers ahead! If you didn’t see the spoiler tag already!
I’ll write my thoughts like this, because some people will get offended over spoilers
Now, as we all know, the episode ended in us seeing the members cloning themselves, succesfully doing so
I would LOVE to see an episode of them doing something where they somehow have to figure out some things, and like if they figure it out, they get succesfully cloned?? I don’t exactly know, but something similar to these episodes would be amazing
submitted by s0larEclxpse to kpopthoughts [link] [comments]
2021.10.28 10:41 MakeStupid I Made An ai Frat Guy Named Johnathan
2021.10.28 10:41 7heLegend6969 dried rosemary
can i use dried rosemary to cook a steak ?? im from india getting fresh rosemary is going to be hard , but i can find those small packets of dried rosemary , will it be good if i use tht for cooking a steak or it better not to use it at all????
submitted by 7heLegend6969 to Cooking [link] [comments]
2021.10.28 10:41 Tiaisu What's your dream job?
submitted by Tiaisu to AskReddit [link] [comments]
2021.10.28 10:41 sgt0pimienta Rich Countries Are Ignoring the Global Vaccine System
submitted by sgt0pimienta to worldnews [link] [comments]
2021.10.28 10:41 MtVernonHempFarm Just me and the staff yesterday at a bowling alley with 70 lanes
2021.10.28 10:41 DryOnRice Dog sleeping in front of a house door, Bursa, Turkey